Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 26, 2010

I "broke camp" this a.m. around 8:20.  It was a little different from L & C's breaking camp since I slept in a very comfortable bed in lovely surroundings at my cousin's in Cincy.

The coordinates of my Cincinnati stop were N 39 17.631', W 84 22.667'.  I wonder if L & C had the accuracy of three decimals; I wouldn't be surprised if they did ... and to think they figured it out from the stars and/or sun trajectory.  My little GPS does it, and all I have to do is push a few buttons.  Boy do I like my GPS; I drive and don't have to stop to look at a map.  I just sit behind the wheel, do what the woman says, and have faith!

After I left Zionsville, IN today, where I visited relatives (I bet L & C visited relatives, too), I headed SW toward Lincoln country.  As I got further away from the city, I started noticing more bugs hitting the windshield. Unfortunately, I hit a couple of butterflies, but fortunately I saw about 8!  It tells me I'm in the country, and very pretty country at that.

I landed at my destination around 5:30 (N 38 18.527', W 86 57.328'), had time for a swim, hunted for dinner (with my GPS), and am now using my computer (!) to record a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. alright, I have started your blog at the beginning and this is the best readng I've had in awhile!
    so glad you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete